Monday 28 January 2013

Karen's Arabian Star Ring

My regular blog followers will remember my trip to the United Arab Emirates last year. I came home gushing over the fantastic artworks of geometric patterns which adorn the facades of buildings, bridges and street lamps there. At the time, I posted a "pattern inspiration" story with a montage of some of my favourite pattern pictures from Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
 
One of my lovely readers, Karen, was considering commissioning a ring from me when she spied a particular pattern amongst my montage. That pattern was a snap shot of a small section of a bridge, which I myself was particularly taken with.
 
The Inspiration- Souk Al Bahar Bridge (Central Dubai)
 
Full of Arabian inspiration, Karen used the octagon and star features from the latticework on the sides of the bridge to draw up the below computer generated image of a ring concept.  
 

I opened the email from Karen and was immediately excited about the idea. Soon we were meeting up to work out the finer details of the design. Karen selected a combination of white and rose gold with a mix of champagne and white diamonds. I can't go past a gorgeous Australian champage diamond. This arrangement is so similar to my own wedding ring, that I knew I would love the results.

Thanks Karen for sharing in my passion! I really do adore your design and it was my pleasure to turn your drawing into reality. Enjoy wearing it.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment: