Friday 15 June 2012

The Engagement of Derryn and Claudia

An old friend from my days at Charles Sturt University recently approached me to make an engagement ring for his sweetheart Claudia. I was stoked to hear from him, happy and in love. It thrills me when friends entrust me with such important jobs. And so the process of designing Claudia's engagement ring began!

Derryn with his girl Claudia (and Susie the dog).


We spent some time looking at rings together online. Most of them were solitaire diamonds, a few with small accent stones, but all in all, nothing too inspiring came up. Derryn insisted that whilst he didn't want anything too fussy, he did want something just a little bit different. So I suggested he take a look at different shaped stones. To my surprise, and delight, he came back to me with, "I like the pear".

I've been dreaming of this ring for quite some time. The perfect pear-shaped diamond surrounded by a halo of tiny round brilliant cut diamonds. This is Derryn and Claudia's ring.


The day that I handed the beautiful ring over to Derryn, he proposed. I got a text message from him that night with the words, "She said yes!". I haven't met Claudia yet, but Derryn tells me she loves her ring. And how could she not? After all, the man that loves her went to a lot of trouble to have this ring specially designed and handcrafted in secret so that he had that special piece with which to ask her to be his bride. What a surprise! Isn't that every girl's dream?

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment: