Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Makers' Space

Hello readers. I'm sorry for being so quiet this month. My silence has been due to me missing out on a week of precious studio time whilst I nursed a cold. Since getting well again, I have been so busy catching up on my jewellery making that something had to give and that something, unfortunately, was my writing. Anyway, enough excuses, onwards and upwards!

I currently have work on display (and for sale) in a mini exhibition at the Museum of the Riverina Wagga Wagga. The fantastic program that my work is part of is called 'Makers' Space'. This exhibition changes seasonally and provides local and regional designer/makers with a unique opportunity to showcase their wares.

The current exhibition opened on Friday 18th May and runs through to Sunday August 5th. I am lucky to be sharing the space with textile designers Jemima Saunders from
'My Liefie' and Julie Gibbons from 'Tractor Girl'. I dropped in to see the exhibition last week and was thrilled to see how beautifully curated it is. Julie's chrysanthemum pillows exactly match my Ikebana pendant with the same imperial Japanese motif, and the flowers and leaves in both our work tie in with Jemima's bush-dyed, leaf-adorned clothing. The room is hung with autumn leaves, the perfect accompaniment to the botanically themed designs on show.

Here are a few snaps of the current Makers' Space.

If you're in the Wagga Wagga area, make sure you make the time to pop into the Museum of the Riverina or my favourite little art gallery (also a stockist of mine), The Paper Pear on Gurwood Street. I hope the people of the Riverina enjoy my work and that of the other Makers' Space artists.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment