Sunday 8 April 2012

The Left Overs

Before getting on with my stories of recent travels and jewellery adventures, I want to complete a tale which I began to tell you last month; Katrina's stories.

After creating "The Ring With a Hinge", there were four emeralds and one diamond left over from Katrina's original eternity ring, that I had not been able to utilise within her new ring. As the stones were from her precious bridal jewellery, she wanted to use them all up in new pieces that she could love and wear again. Admiring my Encased Designs, Katrina suggested a pendant with one of her favourite Japanese fabrics in shades of green, rimmed with the left over emeralds and diamond. I re-designed the smaller sized Encased Designs pendant to have a nice thick rim in which to set the stones. The result was lovely; a really nice new take on my production range.
Katrina's pendant in sterling silver with Japanese fabric encased behind acrylic and set with emeralds and a diamond.
Then, after making "The Second Ring For Katrina" there was a very small amount of gold left over. With an idea in my mind of some earrings that I wanted to test out, I suggested a pair of stud earrings. Katrina was happy to let me create anything I wanted her for and so I went to work on these little dome and ball earrings that had been on my mind for a while.

Katrina's earrings 9ct white gold domes with 18ct yellow gold balls.
Katrina always brightens my day whenever I see her. She has such a positive attitude in life and spreads that positivity with her wherever she goes. It has been an absolute pleasure making her jewellery and I do enjoy the fact that she is always wearing my work every time I see her.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment