Thursday 5 April 2012

The Wrap-Up of March 2012

March is gone and with a busy April on the horizon, I am home in Australia and ready to get back into my studio. Before I get back to writing my promised stories of jewellery and travel, here is my wrap-up of the month that was March 2012.

With flights booked to leave on an overseas trip on March 7th, the month started in absolute chaos. I always seem to bite off more than I can chew, and that week was no exception. I had a large volume of work to complete, that three jewellers working full time would have struggled with. So I worked day and night running on an average of three hours sleep a night like a crazed jewellery making machine. My poor assistant Tania was working ten hour days in the studio, a big change from her usual ten hours per week. At the end of it all she promptly said to me, "You and I should not work together tired and cranky, that really sucked!" I couldn't agree more. The first week of March did really suck. But by the time March 7th came around I had somehow managed to finish all the important jobs and this very tired jeweller was winging her way across the globe.

The rest of the month was filled with adventures around the United Arab Emirates and Bangladesh, returning to Australia just in time to be at the wedding of one of my closest friends, textiles designer Amy Kerr from "Moyou". I won't go into the details of my trip or Amy's wedding today; there is so much to tell you that I will have to spread it over several blog posts in the coming month.

So how am I going with all those new year's resolutions? House isn't bad, a little messy but nothing that a good day of cleaning and tidying won't fix. The studio is coming along too (*little happy dance*). I spent a big two days working my way through some of the mess as soon as I arrived home from my trip. On the weight loss front, well, you all know how hard it is to diet whilst on holidays. I am quite proud to say that I only put on half a kilo during my trip. Not a bad effort really! I do admit that I totally ruined my no-stress-new-year hopes during that first week of March. But if I only have one or two weeks of that hair-pulling stress in 2012, life will be much improved on previous years. Oh, and for those waiting on further bathroom reno info, there is none. Still no word on an arrival date for my vanity, and until that happens progress is at a standstill.

Last but not least, I am still enjoying my photo-a-day challenge. Those with an iPhone or iPad are most welcome to follow my images from day to day by downloading the free "instagram" app and searching for me under the user name the_jeweller. Here is my March in photographs.

Sorry again for my lack of blogging over the last month. I couldn't bear to spend too much time in front of the computer writing when there were so many exciting things to see and explore on my trip. All the stories of my March adventures and plenty more jewellery tales are coming soon, I promise!

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment