Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Wedding of Chad and Angie: Part 2- For Him

My last story was all about the bride Angie in "The Wedding of Chad and Angie: Part 1- For Her". What I didn't mention was that I also made a ring for the groom Chad, as well as cufflinks for him and his team of four groomsmen. 

Chad and his groomsmen on the wedding day.
Photograph by Craig Fenmor.

The cufflinks were extra special, as they featured motifs of deep symbolism for the groom and his family. Chad's mother sadly passed away in early 2010 after a battle with cancer. This darling lady had been quite a fan of the Phantom comics. So, as well as setting one of the theme colours for the wedding as a very Phantom shade of purple, Chad wanted some Phantom inspired cufflinks made. This iconic superhero wears two rings (one on each hand); the first symbolising the powers of good, and the second the powers of evil. The symbol representing 'good' is that of four crossed swords, whilst the 'evil' sign is a skull. I handcrafted each cufflink from two layers of sterling silver. The inside layer has an oxidised finish, whilst the top and sides are brushed.

Chad's "Phantom" cufflinks.
Top three photographs by Craig Fenmor, bottom image by The Jeweller.

On the wedding day, before heading out to help dress the bride, I ducked in to see the gentlemen getting ready for the big day and delivered the cuff links. "Good on the right?" I asked Chad, to which he replied "Nope, good on the left, closest to the heart". I must admit, I did tear up a little as I slipped the link through each cuff on my friend's shirt.

Onto Chad's wedding ring. It is made from solid white gold, with a slight groove running around the ring one third from the edge. The surface finish of the wide section is high polish, whilst the narrow part of the design is matte.
Chad's white gold wedding ring.

To finish off this couple's story, here are a couple of stunning images of Chad and Angie on their wedding day by photographer Craig Fenmor.



Congratulations Chad and Angie on your union and best wishes for your long and happy lives together. I am looking forward to being part of this couple's future stories.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh glory, I hope you're allowed to make a commercial run on those cuff-links, they would fly off the rack! What a lucky couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, would you be able to make a pair for sale? Would love to buy them for someone I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Divinities, I'm glad you like these cufflinks. If you have an enquiry regarding a custom order please email me at: emma@kidsonjewellery.com.au and we can discuss options.
      Thanks you, Emma :)

      Delete