Thursday 12 January 2012

The Earrings For Tamsin- Love From Rick

From the story of my very first commission, to one of my most recent.

I first met Tamsin and Rick on the Canberra market scene in 2011. Tamsin is the creator of "Tick Tock Type" a quirky little brand making accessories from vintage typewriter keys and watch movements. When Rick approached me in November to make some diamond studs for Tamsin's Christmas present, I was delighted to take on the job. I'd been dreaming of these concave yellow gold domes with offset diamonds for quite some time. I knew that I'd love them and really hoped that they'd be perfect for Tamsin too. Rick liked the idea and a couple of weeks before Christmas, he snuck over to my market stall at the Old Bus Depot to pick them up. He was thrilled with the result, and all that was left was to see what Tamsin thought come Christmas day.
Tamsin's earrings. 18ct yellow gold with round brilliant cut diamonds set in white gold bezels.
(Diamonds- 10pt-GSi each).
Earlier this week, I was stoked to receive an email from Rick. His exact words were "Tam LOVED them- so, I think you came up perfectly on them". I can tell you, there is nothing THIS jeweller enjoys hearing more than that her work is being loved!!

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh they're so cool & i can imagine Tamsin wearing them, what a great guy to even think of them, love Posie

    ReplyDelete