Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Opal That Lloyd Mined

About a month ago, Lloyd found me at the Old Bus Depot Markets in Canberra. This charming gentleman OWNS an opal mine in Australia's opal capital Lightning Ridge. Excuse me for a moment whilst this jeweller descends into an "owning a mine full of amazing gemstones" fantasy!!

Lloyd had some opals which he had mined himself and was looking for someone to create a ring for his special lady. Well of course I told him that I was the perfect jeweller for the job. The challenge with this job was to design a style of ring that would integrate the uniquely triangular shaped stone. After MUCH thought and consideration (as well as a couple of prototypes), here is the ring that I made for Lloyd.

Lloyd's ring in sterling silver with Australian opal.
I was rather pleased with the results and very much hope that Lloyd's lucky lady enjoys his special gift.
Well, I'm off to continue those mining fantasies... Oh, just imagine the excitement of digging for days then suddenly uncovering something extraordinary!

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment