Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Lee Lin Chin Brooch Spin Off- A Brooch for Lyn

Having seen my "Lee Lin Chin" brooches during an exhibition, Lyn approached me to make her a personalised brooch in a similar style. Lyn was the Charles Sturt University Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), and I was honoured to receive the commission.
Lyn's Brooch.
Together we sat down with a range of silver scraps and off-cuts, arranging and rearranging, to design a piece that was just right for Lyn. The design reflected a combination of Lyn's own design aesthetic mixed with mine; the perfect collaboration between client and designer. Once complete, Lyn was kind enough to allow me to photograph her for my portfolio wearing our brooch.

Lyn wearing her brooch.
This design style (and that of the "Lee Lin Chin" brooches) is something I now reflect upon and still love the look of. I often contemplate creating a new retail range based upon this style... I'll add a mental note to that never-ending pool of designs I'd like to make one day.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's amazing. What a fabulous client too!!
    I love Lee Lin Chin & her Fashionista series was incredible. I do, however, feel like when she reads the news, it's all my fault, she's quite the "listen to me, what news i'm reading, it could be you out there" kind of engaging television presenter. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete