Monday 30 January 2012

The Wrap-Up of January 2012

Well here we are at the end of January already. It has been one month since my first blog post "New Year, New Resolutions, New Blog!" in which I professed to change my life. I thought it was time for an update about how this jeweller is progressing with all those ambitions.

My home is looking great and best of all, it FEELS beautiful. I re-arranged the bedroom, de-cluttered every room, and hung some more artwork on the walls. I wrote a cleaning schedule for those bigger chores (and am thus far sticking to it!) and I'm doing more of the little housekeeping things more regularly. When I was a child I used to dream about the home I would one day own, surrounding myself with all manner of beautiful things. I finally feel like I'm heading towards achieving the dreams of that little girl.

Unfortunately the same can not be said for my work-space. The bulk of the clutter from the house has been dumped in the studio with thoughts of "I'll sort that out later". My tools are in disarray and there are plenty of jewellery bits and pieces spread far and wide begging to be assessed, organised, and utilised.  It is definitely in my nature to be messy. Perhaps this is a symptom of a creative mind? I do know though, that it feels much better to have a clean and organised space in which to work. I'm sure I will be more productive when my studio is tidy too. I WILL get through the mess, one little bit at a time, until my work environment is as pleasant as my living environment.

At the start of the month I set myself a little challenge to take one photograph per day this year. I'm doing this for three reasons, one: because I love photography, secondly: to maintain perspective and focus on the little joys in my life and thirdly: as documentation of my year. Whilst I do love my Cannon digital SLR, I don't particularly want to lug it around with me everywhere I go for twelve months. So I decided iPhone pictures were the way to go.  I am using the "Instagram" app and if you'd like to follow my images from day to day, I am posting under the user name the_jeweller. Here is my January in photographs.


Oh, and on the "losing those extra kilos" front, I am 2.6kg down. Thats almost a quarter of the way to my goal of losing 12kg. Not too shabby for my January effort. If I can keep up the pace of just over half a kilo per week, I'll be at my ideal weight in no time.

Thank you to all my readers for the overwhelming support in the first month of my blogging adventure. I am loving your comments and emails. 2012 is on track to be a fabulous year! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am. Bring on February.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em!
    I found your blog this morning at 4:30 when Harry decided it was time to wake up!
    It is a FANTASTIC blog! So so nice to read.
    The uni story brought back many memories, good and bad!
    Love your daily photos and looking forward to keeping up to date with your world!
    Love Daine
    x

    ReplyDelete