Friday 4 May 2012

The First Birthday Bracelet for Baby Annie

I was recently asked to design and make a silver bracelet for a friend's daughter as a first birthday gift. The brief was to include the little girl's name- Annie, the birth stone for April- diamond, a message from her parents- "Love Mum and Dad", and the year- 2012.

After some consideration, I decided to make a little cluster of charms on a simple, oval link bracelet. The largest charm is a silver disc with Annie hand-stamped into the front and the message from her parents engraved onto the back. To this charm, I added a second disc with 1 stamped into the front and 2012 engraved on the back. Finally a little diamond-set blossom to complete the thoughtful gift.

Last week Annie's mum Carissa sent me some photos from Annie's first birthday. I love the little glimpses of her new bracelet on her wrist! A unique and personal gift. I do hope Annie treasures her bracelet for a lifetime.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment