Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Re-Vamp

Whoops, where did the time go!? I did mention in my last post that I am very busy at the moment, but here we are a full week later and this is my first post since!

I have been working on lots of fantastic commissions, and finishing my bathroom renovations, but before I sit down for some serious writing hours to tell you all those stories, here is a little reinvention of some of my Japonicity earrings.

The Ikebana Collection consists of five Japanese floral motifs, each available in earrings, pendants and rings. My Chrysanthemum earrings and Geometric Chrysanthemum ring are personal favourites; a part of my everyday wardrobe. The Okinawa flower has been the most popular with clients, and my own sister and best friend each wear a pendant. Of all the designs though, the Geometric Chrysanthemum is the one that I have never been quite content with. I love it in a ring, but not as much in earrings and pendants. The solution... get out the drill and saw for a re-vamp. I have also rotated the piece by 45 degrees.

Original Design                                                                            Re-vamped Earrings


I'm looking forward to taking these to the markets and seeing how my clients react to the alterations! I hope you all like them as much as I do.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment