Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Wrap-Up of April 2012

Now where did April go!? If I didn't have thirty photographs to prove that I lived through it, I would swear that I went to sleep some time around the start of the month and when I woke up it was over! Well regardless of how quickly April disappeared, here we are again at that time of the month where I reflect upon my progress of all the goals I set in my first ever blog post "New Year, New Resolutions, New Blog!"

So how's that balance between personal and professional life going? Very heavily weighted on the personal life side of things really. A fabulous change from my stressed out, work consumed 2011. I have been very focused on getting myself healthy again after being knocked down by a recurring virus and spinal problems. I was also lucky enough to spend time with some of my nearest and dearest family and friends; enjoying my grandmother's 90th birthday party and meeting the baby daughter of a close friend. I must say, this baby girl, my very own namesake, has to be the highlight of my year so far! But, all this personal time is leaving me feeling rather guilty about the lack of jewellery work being done in my studio over the last few weeks. I am well and truly due for some serious bench time.

I'm still loving taking my daily photograph in "Instagram" (to follow, download from the App Store and search for me under user name the_jeweller). It really does help me to focus on life's smaller pleasures. Here is my April in photographs.

May is set to be an exciting month! Several of my good friends have birthdays and my husband is turning 30. I have a big surprise planned for him, but my lips are sealed (wouldn't want to risk pulling off a big surprise by blogging about the details). I'm going to finish the grand clean-up of my home and workshop and hopefully this month will see my new bathroom finished too (still waiting on that vanity). With my back improving every day, I'm determined to return to my weight loss program and shift a few more kilos. On the work front, I have new collections in the pipe-line, lots of fabulous commissions and even a small exhibition coming up! Bring on May.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment