Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Japanese Tea Pot Prop

Those who follow my retail brand Japonicity will be familiar with the divine handmade Japanese tea set that I frequently use as a photography prop. It is a gorgeous ceramic teapot with four matching cups, a metal-like glaze and blue and white chrysanthemum decals. I purchased the set with some birthday money a couple of years ago and have been cherishing it ever since.

Over and over again, I have been asked if I might sell my tea set, but of course it is too precious for me to part with. Then, a few weeks ago, the most delightful thing occurred. I happened across a wholesaler with an amazing selection of Japanese ceramics, including tea sets just like mine!! So without delay, I signed up for an account and ordered in a beautiful selection of eight shiny new tea sets.

Yesterday my boxes from Japan arrived and it was like Christmas opening them up and ogling at the goodies within. Hand-crafted Japanese goodness! Beautiful smooth curves, Japanese floral patterns, crisp and white on the inside, dark and rustic on the outside, each piece with its own little quirks, oh how I adore thee!!

This week my studio is crazy busy, but next week I'll take some time to photograph the new goodies to put them up the Japonicity web site and facebook page with prices etc. It is definitely tea drinking weather here in Wagga Wagga, so I am sure they will quickly find new homes.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment